Skip to main content

The Price was His Blood

After giving our life to Jesus when we sin, we confess but, time and again when we commit the same sin we grow to be guilty of it, we start hearing voices(accusing) within us and eventually we start doubting His mercy and His grace.

This morning I was reading 1 John 2:1-2  "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defence—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." -NIV

His word I dare say is Impeccable. His word is true.



The conditional world that we live in makes it hard for us to believe and understand that the Love of Jesus is unconditional. We surround our thoughts with questions that bring us down so bad the result is guilt.
I have heard my friends say "God cannot forgive me for what I have done" talking about my friends I don't want to deny that I lived in this guilt for 14 yrs until a man of God walked up to me and said "You are hurting Jesus by not trusting His love". Those words hit me hard like a hammer on the back of my head. It changed my world. Jesus didn't bother about my sin. In Psalm 103 :12 the psalmist exclaims "As far as east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us" -NIVand we run after our forgiven sins convincing ourselves that "He cannot forgive me for what I have done" playing right into the devil's ploy. 1 John 1:9 says " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness". Psalm 102:11 says "For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him". -NIV

All that Jesus wants from us is that we confess our sins and trust in His love.

He calls us to live a life of faith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace

What is grace? Most of us would answer its the blessing that God gives us, it is the power that God pours into our hearts, its the healing that God does and we have so many other definitions for grace. In Ephesians 3:8 we have Paul saying "Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the gentiles..." It is very clear from this scripture that God does not give us grace to preach the gospel instead it is a grace that God is asking us to preach the Gospel. As unworthy as we are we do not deserve to know the secrets of the kingdom but God in His infinite love chooses to reveal to us these secrets that He had hidden in Him through out, "To them God has chosen to make known among the gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" Col 1:27 This is grace that a mystery so deep and enriching was revealed to sinners whom God chose to save through His son Jesus. We ofte

You can make it through

There are lots of questions lingering on our minds today. We ask a lot of times "How could God be pleased with me???? I am such a sinner!!!!" and there are so many poetic ways we say the same thing. It all can be summarized as "That we don't believe God is happy with us, we do not believe that He is pleased with us" Go back a few years; to when you were a child, recollect the kind of thoughts you had "Oh my I fought with my brother/sister, I think Santa Claus is not gonna give me a gift this time" or when you did something terribly wrong and your relative just made a totally unwarranted statement "This boy IS like this, what will happen to him if he grows up" in response your parents beat you black and blue instead of consoling you because their ego was hurt by that statement of your relative Here we are, thinking we are mature and grown up, still entangled in the same thought. We even start to think God is not doing anything in m